Napoli complies with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 and is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in that Act from 21 December 2001 onwards.
Personal information collected by Napoli is used for the specific purpose for which it is collected in carrying on its chartered accounting and investment services business of providing financial, accounting, tax and investment services to clients and investors, and dealing with authoritative bodies on their behalf.
We may on occasion use your contact details for direct marketing to you of investment opportunities or services which we consider may be of interest to you. In these situations you will always be given the opportunity to request not to receive any further communications of this type.
Trans border data flows required in order to carry on our business will only occur at the specific request of the individual concerned, or with organisations subject to a scheme which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of information that are substantially similar to the Australian requirements of the National Privacy Principles. Napoli does not sell personal information.
The strictest client confidentiality is maintained by Napoli at all times with appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security and protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
Your personal information will be retained by Napoli for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected or as required by law.
Complaints Handling Process
If you have a complaint with respect to the privacy of the personal information provided by you to a staff member of Napoli or the handling of your personal information held by the firm please follow the following complaint handling procedures:
- Advise Napoli of your concern or complaint in writing addressed to the Privacy Officer;
- It is the responsibility of the Privacy Officer to follow up the issue to determine a satisfactory resolution of the issue;
- The Privacy Officer will then ensure that action is taken to rectify the situation to the satisfaction of the client.
In order to ensure the accuracy of the information held by our office we welcome you to contact us to update your contact details, or ensure the accuracy of any other information you have provided to us. Online access is not provided to your personal information however copies of documentation can be provided by facsimile, email or post.
Role of the Privacy Officer
The role of the Privacy Officer within Napoli is as follows:
- To develop and implement privacy policies and procedures;
- To monitor legal development in relation to privacy and implement changes accordingly;
- To educate staff on privacy issues;
- To monitor compliance with privacy standards; and
- To maintain the complaints handling process.
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use by Napoli of any personal information provided while using the site. The type of information collected and the use we may make of that information is explained below.
The type of information we receive from you on our website depends on what you do when visiting our site:
- If you access our website we do not record any information or track links in any way at all.
- If you use the site to contact us by email, we use your personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiry.
- If you request information about the services provided by Napoli we will give you the option to decline receiving ongoing marketing communications of this type.
- If you send us a resume to inquire as to the prospect of employment with Napoli, or apply online for a position with the firm, we will use that information for that specific purpose only.
- If you contact us by email for any other purpose, the personal information collected from you will only be used for its intended purpose.
Napoli website is not intended for children, and we ask that minors not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you may use the site only in conjunction with a parent or guardian.
You can obtain further information about privacy issues in Australia at the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website (www.privacy.gov.au).