Self managed super fund trustees are required to have financial statements prepared, lodge income tax and regulatory returns and other relevant statements with the Australian Taxation Office each year.
The trustee must also ensure the SMSF is audited each year by an approved auditor. The audit covers both financial statements and compliance audit and must be completed before the return is lodged with the ATO.
The team at Napoli has the knowledge and experience to provide these services and help to ensure your SMSF is compliant.
Here’s what is involved:
- preparation of annual financial statements, including operating statement, statement of financial position, notes to financial statements
- preparation and lodgement of the fund’s annual return (income tax return), calculation and advice of tax liability or tax refund due
- facilitation of the SMSF audit by an approved independent auditor
- preparation of member benefits statements, which contains member’s tax components
- provision of investment and market valuation reports
- assistance with obtaining an actuarial certificate where required.